Monday, February 06, 2012
HOMES FOR SENIORS OR DISABLED
Are you or do you know someone who needs a place to live and some extra help with daily tasks? The Family & Children’s Society can help. We have openings in our Family Homes for the Elderly program, which is a wonderful alternative to a nursing home setting. Our providers are trained personal care aides and they offer the personal touch of a loving “family.”
Criteria for this level of care:
· Covered under Medicaid and approved by CASA or may pay privately
· Seniors or the disabled person must be able to transfer themselves
· Person needs to be ambulatory —a walker or cane are permitted, but our homes cannot accommodate wheelchairs
· Preferably be continent, but if not, they need to be able to change briefs independently
· We take people with mild dementia, but we cannot accommodate wanderers, especially at night
· Candidates need to be able to be alone for two hours
If you enjoy the elderly, own a home, live in Broome County and would like to supplement your income, this could be what you are looking for. Caregivers give personal care, supervision and provide meals for up to two elderly or disabled persons in their own home. Earn a generous reimbursement per month, per person. We train and provide ongoing support.
For more information or to set up an assessment, please call The Family & Children’s Society and ask for Lynette or Trina at (607) 772-9776 today.
More Family & Children's Society News