Family Homes for the Elderly
Our program offers family-style living in private homes and is a great alternative for families struggling to manage care giving. We match the client with a professionally-trained home care provider that best suits his or her needs. The registered nurse and case manager direct all services within the program.
- Personal care
- Private rooms
- Monitoring of medications
- 24 hour supervision
- Assistance with transportation
- Meal preparation
- Respite Care
Benefits of Family Homes for the Elderly:
- Nurturing care
- Supervision by registered nurse
- Carefully match clients and provider to meet individual’s needs
- Practical assistance and emotional support
- On-call professional staff accessible 24 hours
Length of Stay
- Family Homes for the Elderly is a long-term placement option; some clients have lived in our homes for many years.
- Referrals are accepted from family members, CASA, hospitals, nursing homes, physicians and other sources.
Pay privately or with assistance from Broome County Medicaid/SSI
Online Elder Services Guide www.broomeelderservices.org/index.phpsize=large
For more information call: (607) 772-9776.