Employment Opportunities at The Family & Children's Society
Join our Team!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
to download an application to send in with your resume and
Note, if you are applying for a PCA or
HHA position, you will also need to complete
applicant paperwork prior to the interview process, if you
for an interview.
The Family & Children's Society
355 Riverside Drive
Johnson City, NY 13790
Fax: (607) 772-9779
Clinical Social Worker
Full-time (35 hours) licensed clinical social worker for the Family Mental Health Clinic in our Binghamton office. Evaluate and assess the mental health needs of individuals. Develop necessary resources specific to client needs. Primary responsibility is to provide individual and family treatment to adults in the clinic. Experience preferred and MSW required. National Health Service Corp site qualifies for loan forgiveness. EOE. Send resume to: The Family & Children’s Society, Attention: John Trompeter, 257 Main Street, Binghamton, NY 13905. Fax to (607) 729-1858 Or email to email@example.com
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
(full or part time) NP should be knowledgeable in comprehensive psychiatric evaluation and diagnosis of mental illnesses, skilled in consultation, medication monitoring and ongoing treatment of consumers. The NP will be available to see children and adults diagnosed with mental illness or serious emotional and/or behavioral disturbances.
- Current license to practice in New York State
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; Master's degree required
- Certification as a psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Required to work one evening per week
- One to two years experience and/or training in psychiatric nursing preferred
Submit resume to: John Trompeter, clinic director, 257 Main Street, Binghamton, NY 13905 or fax to 607-729-1858.
Family Mental Health Clinic Director
Job Title: Family Mental Health Clinic Director
Reports to: Executive Director
This position will oversee the implementation and management of a community mental health clinic service that is rapidly growing. The clinic director will provide oversight of the organization’s mental health clinic services including the training and supervision for 8-15 (will be growing) social work professionals, three PT psychiatrists and three PT nurse Practitioner. . The clinic director will develop and oversee strict productivity targets, quality assurance activities; collection of service and outcome data and assist in the development of referral and intake procedures.
• Provide direct clinical supervision to assigned staff. Maintain a small caseload of clients (approximately 30% of time).
• Serve as clinic and administrative supervisor and discipline Chief. Assure high productivity, accurate and timely completion of paperwork.
• Assure timely submission of clinical documentation including treatment plans, assessments, progress notes and service data reports
• Ensure all clinicians and interns perform duties in compliance with law, regulations, and agency policies and procedures. This includes at a minimum reviewing of assessments, treatment plans and progress notes. Oversee intake and initial assessments of all new clients.
• Provide hands-on training to supervisees
• Lead agency-wide plans to develop and maintain HIPPA compliance. Participate in agency’s weekly management team meetings, community collaboration meetings and ongoing meetings with government representatives, community and research partners. Work collaboratively with agency’s other program directors.
• Perform all other duties as necessary for the good of the agency and that will assure successful implementation of this new agency program.
• LCSW-R, psychiatric nurse practitioner or licensed clinical psychologist with five or more years post masters direct clinical experience
• Prior experience with billing, auditing and reporting requirements
• Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
• Ability to train new staff in assessment, diagnosis, and development of treatment plans.
• Experience participating as a team member on clinical or evaluation research projects is a plus
• Commitment to diversity and development of a multicultural clinical environment
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
The clinic director must work at least one evening per week at the Center and be on call to support evening and weekend counselors.
• Willingness to move beyond specific job parameters to assist with a range of agency activities
• Capacity to execute a high degree of initiative
• Ability to complete tasks in an environment where interruptions may be frequent and background noise is present
• Disciplined and organized, but with the flexibility required to effectively adapt to changing circumstances
• Willingness to work collaboratively, but with the capacity to work independently
• Annual Salary: TBD
Fax: (607) 772-9779
Mail: The Family & Children’s Society, 355 Riverside Drive, Johnson City, NY 13790
FAMILY HOMES PROVIDER -
If you enjoy the elderly, own a home, live in Broome or Tioga counties and want to work from home, this could be what you are looking for. Caregivers give personal care, supervision and provide meals for up to two elderly or disabled persons in their own home. Earn a generous reimbursement per month, per client. We provide ongoing support. For more information on becoming a Family Home provider call (607) 231-8364, ext. 343.
Personal Care Aide
Are you seeking job satisfaction, job security and a flexible work schedule?
Becoming a Personal Care Aide (PCA) may be the answer.
We are looking for dependable, caring people like you! Family & Children’s Home Care is committed to maintaining our clients’ independence in their home and providing respite for the regular caregivers - releasing them from the daily stress of caring for chronically ill, disabled, or elderly relatives. PCA's are the vital team members who achieve these goals.
Applicants are required to:
- be 18 years of age
- have a valid driver's license
- have dependable, insured vehicle
- pass a fingerprint criminal history background check
- fill out an application in person at 355 Riverside Drive, Johnson City or 257 Main Street, Binghamton office (see application information at the top of the page)
- if you are certified, bring a copy of your certification
- work every other weekend and required holidays
- free training (no class is currently scheduled)
- flexible work schedule
- 24-hour support from supervising nurses and scheduling team
- a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental and life insurance
- participation in our retirement program
- vacation, sick time and nine paid holidays.
- paid annual competency and quarterly in-service
- hourly base rate
- paid travel time between clients
- mileage reimbursement
All aides must follow a care plan as prepared by the supervising RN.
Personal Care Aides (PCA) provide assistance with everyday tasks such as:
- personal hygiene
- meal prep/grocery shopping
- light housekeeping(kitchen-bathroom)
- running errands
As an aide, you build a special rapport with those people you serve, while deepening your sense of satisfaction because you have given someone the gift of independence to remain in their home for as long as possible. You will also develop a warm supportive relationship with your co-workers, while receiving 24-hour support from the nursing supervisors and scheduling staff.
Aide of the Quarter
Congratulations to Personal Care Aide Rachel Donato who has been chosen as our Aide of the 2nd Quarter for 2014. Rachel has worked for the agency since July 2013. From the first day Rachel came to work in home care, she became the primary aide for a client that would soon require 24 hour care. We literally threw her right in the deep end and she became an incredibly strong swimmer! The family has said, “Rachel does an exceptional job taking care of mom; she does the brunt of the work and she has never complained once...” Rachel is a wonderful asset and representative of the quality of the home care work that comes from Family & Children’s. Congratulations Rachel!!