Employment Opportunities at The Family & Children's Society
Join our Team!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
to download an application to send in with your resume and
Note, if you are applying for a PCA or
HHA position, you will also need to complete
applicant paperwork prior to the interview process, if you
for an interview.
The Family & Children's Society
355 Riverside Drive
Johnson City, NY 13790
Fax: (607) 772-9779
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
(full or part time) NP should be knowledgeable in comprehensive psychiatric evaluation and diagnosis of mental illnesses, skilled in consultation, medication monitoring and ongoing treatment of consumers. The NP will be available to see children and adults diagnosed with mental illness or serious emotional and/or behavioral disturbances.
- Current license to practice in New York State
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; Master's degree required
- Certification as a psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Required to work one evening per week
- One to two years experience and/or training in psychiatric nursing preferred
Submit resume to: John Trompeter, clinic director, 257 Main Street, Binghamton, NY 13905 or fax to 607-729-1858.
Psychiatric Social Worker
(full time or part time) Provides individual, family and group therapy to clients who may be seriously and persistently mentally ill. Evaluates and assesses the mental health needs of clients. Provides case management and case coordination services as needed. Prepares necessary reports and maintains department records that reflect assessment, treatment plan, progress and terminations. Maintain productivity standards as defined by the Office of Mental Health.
Agency approved National Health Service Corps site for loan forgiveness.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work
• Possession of LMSW or LCSW License
• Previous experience providing assessment and psychotherapy
• Ability to serve the seriously and persistently mentally ill
Send resume to: The Family & Children’s Society, Attention: John Trompeter, 257 Main Street, Binghamton, NY 13905. Fax to (607) 729-1858 Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.
FAMILY HOMES PROVIDER - If you enjoy the elderly, own a home, live in Broome or Tioga counties and want to work from home, this could be what you are looking for. Caregivers give personal care, supervision and provide meals for up to two elderly or disabled persons in their own home. Earn a generous reimbursement per month, per client. We provide ongoing support. For more information on becoming a Family Home provider call (607) 231-8364, ext. 343.
Personal Care Aide
Are you seeking job satisfaction, job security and a flexible work schedule?
Becoming a Personal Care Aide (PCA) may be the answer.
We are looking for dependable, caring people like you! Family & Children’s Home Care is committed to maintaining our clients’ independence in their home and providing respite for the regular caregivers - releasing them from the daily stress of caring for chronically ill, disabled, or elderly relatives. PCA's are the vital team members who achieve these goals.
Applicants are required to:
- be 18 years of age
- have a valid driver's license
- have dependable, insured vehicle
- pass a fingerprint criminal history background check
- fill out an application in person at 355 Riverside Drive, Johnson City or 257 Main Street, Binghamton office (see application information at the top of the page)
- if you are certified, bring a copy of your certification
- work every other weekend and required holidays
- free training (no class is currently scheduled)
- flexible work schedule
- 24-hour support from supervising nurses and scheduling team
- a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental and life insurance
- participation in our retirement program
- vacation, sick time and nine paid holidays.
- paid annual competency and quarterly in-service
- hourly base rate
- paid travel time between clients
- mileage reimbursement
All aides must follow a care plan as prepared by the supervising RN.
Personal Care Aides (PCA) provide assistance with everyday tasks such as:
- personal hygiene
- meal prep/grocery shopping
- light housekeeping(kitchen-bathroom)
- running errands
As an aide, you build a special rapport with those people you serve, while deepening your sense of satisfaction because you have given someone the gift of independence to remain in their home for as long as possible. You will also develop a warm supportive relationship with your co-workers, while receiving 24-hour support from the nursing supervisors and scheduling staff.
Aide of the Quarter
Congratulations to PCA Lynn Matousek on being chosen Aide of the 4th Quarter for 2013. Lynn has worked for the Family & Children’s Society since November of 2010. The Scheduling Department appreciates her flexibility and pleasant manner. Lynn has a calm and reassuring way of caring for her clients. One client comment, “Lynn is very prompt, friendly and professional”. Family & Children’s thanks Lynn for all she does to improve the lives of the elderly in our community.