Employment Opportunities at The Family & Children's Society
Join our Team!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
to download an application to send in with your resume and
Note, if you are applying for a PCA or
HHA position, you will also need to complete
applicant paperwork prior to the interview process, if you
for an interview.
The Family & Children's Society
355 Riverside Drive
Johnson City, NY 13790
Fax: (607) 772-9779
FAMILY HOMES PROVIDER - If you enjoy the elderly, own a home, live in Broome County and want to work from home, this could be what you are looking for. Caregivers give personal care, supervision and provide meals for up to two elderly or disabled persons in their own home. Earn a generous reimbursement per month, per client. We provide ongoing support. For more information on becoming a Family Home provider call (607) 724-5256, ext. 311 or ext. 322.
Personal Care Aide
Are you seeking job satisfaction, job security and a flexible work schedule?
Becoming a Personal Care Aide (PCA) may be the answer.
We are looking for dependable, caring people like you! Family & Children’s Home Care is committed to maintaining our clients’ independence in their home and providing respite for the regular caregivers - releasing them from the daily stress of caring for chronically ill, disabled, or elderly relatives. PCA's are the vital team members who achieve these goals.
Applicants are required to:
- be 18 years of age
- have a valid driver's license
- have dependable, insured vehicle
- pass a fingerprint criminal history background check
- fill out an application in person at 355 Riverside Drive, Johnson City or 257 Main Street, Binghamton office (see application information at the top of the page)
- if you are certified, bring a copy of your certification
- work every other weekend and required holidays
- free training (no class is currently scheduled)
- flexible work schedule
- 24-hour support from supervising nurses and scheduling team
- a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental and life insurance
- participation in our retirement program
- vacation, sick time and nine paid holidays.
- paid annual competency and quarterly in-service
- hourly base rate
- paid travel time between clients
- mileage reimbursement
All aides must follow a care plan as prepared by the supervising RN.
Personal Care Aides (PCA) provide assistance with everyday tasks such as:
- personal hygiene
- meal prep/grocery shopping
- light housekeeping(kitchen-bathroom)
- running errands
As an aide, you build a special rapport with those people you serve, while deepening your sense of satisfaction because you have given someone the gift of independence to remain in their home for as long as possible. You will also develop a warm supportive relationship with your co-workers, while receiving 24-hour support from the nursing supervisors and scheduling staff.
Aide of the Quarter
The Family & Children’s Society congratulates HHA Nora Herz as Aide of the 2nd Quarter 2013. Nora has provided 22 years of competent and compassionate care to Home Care clients since 1991. In her earlier years with the agency, Nora would travel any distance to provide overnight care and is still willing to help out occasionally. The Family & Children’s Society knows they can count on Nora to be there on time and ready to work. Her clients love her and would agree she is irreplaceable. Nora always has a story to tell and a bit of laughter to share and her warm personality has provided comfort to many over the years. The agency is very grateful for all her years of tireless dedication to the Home Care mission and for providing excellent care to the elderly and disabled in our community.